Funding: Includes direct grants with JJDPAct funding and / or leveraging other state, local or federal funds.
Communications : Includes communicating data, information and recommendations to decision makers and the public.
- Targeted outreach to policy makers & practitioners:
- State (executive, legislative and judicial branch stakeholders);
- Local (prosecutors, defenders, county boards, law enforcement agencies, etc.); and
- Federal stakeholders (CJJ, OJJDP and other federal agencies and entities)
- Annual SAG reports;
- Legislatively mandated reports; and
- Ad-hoc / subject matter reports and position papers
- Media outreach:
- Letters to the editor, editorial board meetings, etc.
- Placed items in journals, etc.
- Public outreach: enhanced website, etc.
Data: Includes gathering, analyzing and disseminating a range of state and / or local system data and enhancing data capacities and systems
Training: Includes traditional training events and non-traditional / new-media strategies, such as web-based materials, guides, etc.
Legislative Reform: Includes creation of model legislation, legislative education on specified issues, etc.
Infrastructure and Collaboration: Includes creating, joining or seeking out collaborative opportunities to enhance state and local juvenile justice infrastructure
Other: Are there other strategies or approaches that would advance this principle?